Fluffy Cinnamon Gluten Free Pancakes
1/2 Cup gluten free Oats
- 2 Ounces Almond Flour (1/2 cup lightly packed)
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk or buttermilk
- 2 Eggs, organic separated
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh homemade Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Place the oats in your spice grinder, and grind until they turn into flour, about 20 seconds. (Coffee Grinder works well for this.) Place the fresh oat flour in a mixing bowl with the almond flour, Almond Dream, egg yolks, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar, if using. Stir or mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until frothy or until peaks just begin to form (I use a hand mixer), about 30 seconds to a minute. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into your pancake batter, until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low to medium heat (nuts tend to burn a bit easier than grains, so I cook over medium heat, but error on the lower side). Add a little bit of oil (I use coconut oil) or cooking spray to the pan. Once hot, pour batter onto the skillet to make dollar-size pancakes (about 2 Tablespoons of batter). Cook for a couple of minutes, or until bubbles just begin to burst on the surface of the pancakes. Keep a close eye, as mentioned; these can burn a little more easily. Flip, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on the other side, or until golden.
- Cinnamon Pancakes (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Coconut Flour Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes (momvschaos.com)
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (cookiesncouture.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pie Pancakes (thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cakes (Gluten-Free) (dishesanddishes.wordpress.com)