1 1/4 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Homemade Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Large Organic Egg, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- Place the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix for another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll 1 tsp of dough into a ball, about 1 inch, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball into a disk then bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- day 18: baking away/ Christmas sugar cookies, part 1 (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Treats (lovemelovemyshoes.co.uk)
- Fudge Sauce (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Buche de Noel (cookingaccordingtojacquescookbook.wordpress.com)
- Santa’s Surprises (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)