Old Fashioned Vanilla Peach Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups vanilla cane sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb. frozen peaches
- 1 cup powdered cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. I use Pam Non-Stick Spray with Flour. In a medium bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Next with a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 3-5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Next add the flour mixture, a little at a time to the wet mixture. Scrape the bowl frequently.
- Toss the peaches with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Pour about 1/3 of your batter into your pan, then add a third of the peaches on top. Repeat again twice, ending with a layer of peaches.
- Reduce oven temperature down to only 325°F degrees and bake for about an hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and orange juice. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake.