Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2 #lb. corned beef
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup water or beer
- 2 small heads red and green savoyed cabbage, chopped
- Remove and toss the “pickling spice” packet that comes with the corned beef, rinse the meat then coat all over with the brown sugar, placing any extra sugar that falls off in the bottom of a 4 quart crock pot.
- Pour the water in the bottom add the meat, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the chopped cabbage and cook for 1 more hour. Let the meat rest a few minutes before slicing.