This is a recipe that has been with my family for Christmas since I can remember. Over the years it is traditionally made with sweet ground chocolate cocoa, cool whip, grated dark chocolate, mini marshmallows, maraschino cherries, and chopped toasted pecans. For some reason lost in Christmas’s past It was delegated to me to make. With food allergies and other medical issues, I decided to make a real food edit. Leftovers are never a problem, gone before midnight.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream whipped
- ¼ cup sweet ground chocolate cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 jars maraschino cherries drained and quartered
- 1 cup toasted salted chopped pecans (soaked nuts) *optional
- 4 oz grated dark chocolate bar
- Whip cream to stiff peaks fold in cocoa and vanilla.
- Add rest and chill 30 minutes.
- Maraschino Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookies (roseleablog.com)
- Chewy Cherry Chocolate Squares (whattocooktonight.com)
- Wunderbar Black Forest Cake (kitchensmidgen.com)