That Time of year …..
French style jam for those special mornings working in the garden. Cucumbers are more versatile than just raw. This is divine over toasts, English muffins, scones, and the cream biscuit. Easy enough for a special breakfast, lunch, or afternoon tea. Walk on the wild side, I Dare you! We have a wonderful food history in this country that goes back centuries. Look forward but remembering the taste of the past.
- 1 ¼ cups peeled, seeded, and grated cucumber (from 2 medium cucumbers)
- 1 cup jam sugar or 1 cup of cane sugar plus 2 teaspoons of no sugar needed pectin
- seeds from one vanilla pod
- Place all the ingredients in a medium pan and stir well.
- Marinate for two hours.
- Over high heat, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until the jam coats the back of a cold metal spoon.
- Transfer to a clean jar…
View original post 38 more words