MILLION DOLLAR SPAGHETTI
• 1 pound spaghetti
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 small onion, diced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
• 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
4. Stir in crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sour cream.
6. Add pasta to the prepared baking dish and layer with cream cheese and then beef mixture; sprinkle with cheeses.
7. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.