These hotcakes are perfect for an extra-special occasion, like a birthday or bridal shower. They have the an unbelievably crispy exterior, but a little more sweetness inside than your regular pancakes. These are so decadent and so out of the norm, you have to give them a try.
And you don’t have to book your flight to Japan to get your hands on these crumpet-like pancakes. With this simple recipe, you can turn your very kitchen into a genuine Japanese breakfast spot!
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup buttermilk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking powder
– 1/4 tsp. baking soda
– Ring mold
1. In a blend, mix your eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt on the lowest setting for just a few minutes.
2. Add your dry ingredients to the mixture and mix with the wet ingredients for another few seconds.
3. Grease up the inside of your ring mold with butter and heat up some oil in a medium heat skillet.
4. Place the ring mold in the center of your pan, and pour in your pancake batter until it’s half full. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Carefully flip the pancake and mold together to get to the other side. Let cook for 3 minutes.
6. Serve with butter, custard, fruit, or syrup