Home Made Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened dark cocoa
- 1 cup tap water Brita filtered
- 2 cups vanilla sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt (Himalayan)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Find a 2 quart saucepan. In it, mix the cocoa and water with a wire whisk or fork. Heat the chocolate water over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar and continue to stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and boil for a full 3 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat.
Add the salt and vanilla, stirring to blend. Pour the syrup into a clean pint-sized canning jar, or a clean glass catsup container. Put a good lid on the jar and store it in the fridge.
Use this chocolate syrup to make chocolate milk, or serve it over ice-cream. This is remarkably similar to Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup in the can.
Been using this on waffles
- Organic Chocolate Syrup (triplecordcsaorganicproduce.wordpress.com)
- Home Made Fudgesicles (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- chocolate marshmallow rice crispy treat (rubenspost.wordpress.com)