How many times have you gone to the cupboard and swore that you had a box of oven breading? Now what? This recipe is for you. Never again be a slave to a box. You can do without it. Also tons of flavor options to never be a boring answer to the dinner question.
Shaked N Baked
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup peanut oil, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- Put spices in coffee grinder (spice grinder) and pulse several times.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly mixed and the bread crumbs are no longer ‘clumpy’ from the oil.
- Dump into a Mason jar or plastic container tightly sealed and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Shake n Baked Pork Chops
Preheat oven to 425°F. Dump some of the shake n bake mix in a large Ziploc bag and add a pinch of rosemary. Rinse pork chops in cold running water. Let excess water drain off. Place pork chops 1 at a time in the bag with the shake n bake. Seal and shake the bag so that the pork chop is totally coated in the breading. Remove the pork chop from the bag, shaking off excess breading. Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Do this with the remaining pork chops. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Shake n Baked Chicken
Preheat oven to 400°F. Dump some of the shake n bake mix in a large ziploc bag and a pinch of sage. Rinse chicken in cold running water. Let excess water drain off. Place chicken, one piece at a time, in the bag with the shake n bake. Seal and shake the bag so that the chicken is totally coated in the breading. Remove the chicken from the bag, shaking off excess breading. Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Do this with the remaining pork chops.
Bone-in chicken – Bake for 45 minutes.
Boneless chicken – Bake for 20 minutes
Other Flavor Options
1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon dry minced garlic
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon chili seasoning 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning