Master Baking Mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour (swap out any portion of this with whole wheat flour)
- 3 Tablespoons baking powder (see DIY recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Coconut oil
- Sift everything except shortening into a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture is fine and free of lumps.
Home Made Baking Powder
Sift 1/4 cup cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon rice flour with 2 tablespoons baking soda through a fine strainer three times. Store in an airtight glass container. The addition of rice flour helps to extend the keeping quality. A great substitute for commercial brands and gluten free friendly baking.
Please watch and subscribe to Noreen’s Kitchen Funny, witty, and informative.
- Flour Tortillas (angelfoodskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Baking Weekend (twinglemom.wordpress.com)
- Earl Gray Cookies Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Buttermilk Pancakes (thedailymeal.com)