Crock-pot Potato Soup
- 8 to 12 Red Potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 8 slices of Bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3/4 of a Large onion, chopped
- 1 quart hot Water and 2 huge tablespoons chicken soup base
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 peeled diced parsnip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Medium Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine potatoes, parsnip, bacon, onion, water, soup base, garlic, butter, salt and pepper in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
(or until potatoes are tender.)
- When potatoes are tender, use the back of a big ladle to mash some of them up.
- Next, add the milk and cheese. Cook until heated and cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers and extra cheese.