Cajun Rasta Pasta One Pot Wonder
A New Orleans flavor meets weeknight simplicity, and surprising speed. Served with a salad and garlic bread, dinner is done. Faster than noodle mixes with real flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 #lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 oz. dried fettuccine pasta soaked in cold water 90 minutes drained
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Green Onion sliced
- chopped fresh parsley
- Add the oil to a large pot (or large high sided skillet). Place over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the chicken and the Cajun seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the broth. Break the pasta in half and add it to the pot. Cover and bring to a rapid, rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half. *Note: Watch the pot carefully during the beginning of the cooking process as cream tends to boil over easily.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the pasta simmer, covered, for 3-5 minutes. Stir every 2-3 minutes to prevent sticking. Cook until there is a ½ inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.