Ridiculously Easy Potato Soup
Hate to peel potatoes and wait hours for a smooth creamy, rib sticking potato soup? How about a thirty minute meal that will leave you looking like you slaved all day over a hot stove? Guilty as charged, officer. This delivers on all counts. Add Cheese and ham to this one pot marvel if you dare.
- 1 box (4.7 oz) scalloped potatoes
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cubed celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- ½ cup green onion sliced thin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Sauté yellow onion and celery in butter on a low simmer for 15 minutes while stirring do not brown.
- Stir Sauce Mix, hot water, garlic, mustard, pepper, broth and Potatoes in 3-quart saucepan. Heat just to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in green onions and half-and-half. Cook uncovered about 5 minutes or just until hot (do not boil). Garnish with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.