- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Toast rice in dry saucepan until fragrant remove to plate
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown.
4. Add the garlic, salt, and cumin and stir the rice til it looks golden.
5. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cilantro and turn the heat up to medium high.
6. Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
7. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes., turn off heat let stand covered 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.