Dutch Oven Mac-n-Cheese
A one pot ditch the box stove top mac-n-cheese to satisfy the cravings. A good real food recipe that is quick enough for supper on it’s own.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni or small sized shell noodles
- 2 extra large farm fresh eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard or squirt of prepared
- fresh ground black peppercorns
- pinch of crushed dried parsley
- 6 Tablespoons real salted butter
- 3 cups cheddar, shredded
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, stir in noodles and cook until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the eggs, half of the evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Set the pot over low heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- Stir in the egg mixture and half of the cheddar. Continue to cook over low heat, gradually stirring in the remaining milk and cheddar, until the mixture is hot and creaming, about 5 minutes.
- Let Stand covered for 10 minutes off burner. The hardest part.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.