- 3 green peppers (large) or 4 small
- 1 #lb lean ground Turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup garden pasta sauce divided
- Cut peppers lengthwise; clean and parboil in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Thoroughly mix beef, onion, rice, salt, pepper, crumbs, cheese, one beaten egg.
- Stuff peppers halves with meat mixture. Mixture will be heaping from peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers side by side in greased baking dish. Combine pasta sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 1 1/2 hours until thoroughly cooked and lightly browned.
- Cooking Bell Peppers: Easy Ideas for Green and Sweet Peppers (brighthub.com)
- Weekend Menu Planning: What’s Your Favorite Filling for Stuffed Peppers? (blogher.com)
- Kitchen Corner – Inside Out Stuffed Pepper Casserole (lockergnome.com)