- 1 cup old-fashioned (large flake) oats
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds,and flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- a shake of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
- a handful of raisins or dried fruit (I like golden raisins)
- a handful of Flaked Coconut
- a handful of Nuts walnuts, cashews, almonds
- Put everything into a large, heavy skillet (cast iron is perfect) set over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the granola is well coated and golden.
- Set aside to cool and stir in raisins or dried fruit.
Modified from a recipe http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2010/08/27/quick-skillet-granola/
This is a recipe that makes healthy eating easy, simple, and affordable. Thank you to dinnerwithjulie.com for this post
- EconomyBites: Recession Recipe: Yogurt & Granola (huffingtonpost.com)
- Healthy back to school snacking (thismamacooks.com)
- Snack time recipe (timesunion.com)