Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Pounds of Ground Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 5 pounds potatoes
- Brown your Ground Turkey and onion in large skillet till cooked. Drain off any fat and put into bowl to hold. In large skillet melt butter then add flour with salt and pepper added in. It will clump up and look not right, its OK, cook with faith!
- Add the quart of milk all at once and begin to stir. It will take quite a little while (like 10 min or so) till the white gravy begins to thicken, but it will.
- After it is thickened add your hamburger and onions that have drained.
- Serve over your mashed potatoes. We love to throw a few (about 2-3 garlic cloves) into the pot of potatoes to be boiled to cook with the potatoes. Mash the garlic cloves in with your potatoes.
- Serve the hamburger gravy over your garlic mashed potatoes. Very economical and very filling. *
- Alternatively instead of making a gravy you could use a brown gravy powder. Tasty additions include mushrooms, corn, sides of peas and carrots, and hot buttery biscuits.