Made this the other night and forgot to take a picture. Creamy crispy roasted potatoes with roasted sweet chicken covered in caramelized onions. Gone fast with no left overs. This would be good with boneless skin on pieces of chicken too.
Rosemary & Onion Chicken
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 lemon (1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425° degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon melted butter, Rosemary, 3/4 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread in a large baking dish and roast until the potatoes begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and red onion.
- Remove the from the oven, push the potatoes to the sides and arrange the chicken breasts in the middle.
- Season the chicken with salt and drizzle with the garlic onion mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice.
- Add the fresh rosemary to the baking dish and toss with the potatoes.
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes and lemon wedges. Drizzle with the pan juices.