Why order out when homemade is just a good or better even. This clean tasting soup with filling wontons and sweet crunchy vegetables banishes the thought. Pair this with jasmine rice, sweet an sour chicken, and baked crab Rangoon a legend is born. Comfort food can be anything that satisfies.
- One large boneless pork rib cooked and finely chopped
- 1 carrot cut in to match sticks
- 1 small carrot grated
- 2 scallions thinly sliced including the greens
- 1 quart chicken broth strained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley dust
- 12 wonton wrappers or two packages
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 grinds fresh black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 ¼ slice of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- Combine meat, grated carrot, 1 sliced scallion, garlic, and one grind fresh black peppercorns.
- Assemble wontons by placing a tablespoon of meat mixture in center of wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water, fold in half point to point then seal. Pull outside corners around and moisten with water then seal. Repeat until meat mixture is gone.
- Heat chicken broth with ginger to a low boil add wontons, then simmer 2 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer one minute.
- Serve immediately with hot sauce and dark soy sauce as condiments.