Chicken Enchilada Skillet
At times it is good to have an easy go to recipes for left over chicken to please. A few Rita’s and a party ready dish to pass.
- 12 corn tortillas, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 10 oz. can RoTel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild Cheddar and Monterrey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Lightly oil or spray dutch oven.
- In large bowl combine chicken, tortilla pieces, undrained RoTel tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 cup of Cheddar Jack cheese; mix well.
- Spoon tortilla mixture into prepared dutch oven.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese; cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped peppers, sliced scallions, and sour cream.