Honey Bourbon Chicken
Adapted from Table for Two
- 2 #lbs diced boneless, skinless chicken mixed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- Sesame seeds black and white
- Place the diced chicken in the crock-pot insert and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, coconut oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine well. Pour over the chicken in the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 3–4 hours or high for 1 1/2–2 1/2 hours.
- When done, remove chicken from crock pot and cut into chunks. Prior to putting the chicken back in the stockpot, combine some cornstarch in bourbon and whisk it into the crock-pot to thicken up the sauce a bit. Throw the chicken back in and stir around to re-coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve hot over a bed of white rice (optional) and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.