This Crock pot gem hails from a potluck near mineral point, Wisconsin. Beefy, satisfying, melty cheese, and unassuming; a modest loose meat sandwich.
Crock pot Wisconsin Beef Melt *Recipe optimized to fit small crock pot
- 2 lbs extra lean Ground Sirloin
- 1 small white Onion, diced
- 1 packet french onion soup mix
- 1 packet brown Gravy
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons dark Brown cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- Large pumpernickel split and toasted rye Buns
- Swiss Cheese slices
- french dip Au jus or beef broth for dipping
- Add the first nine ingredients to the crock pot. Stir together to combine ingredients and break up the ground beef.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Stir occasionally to combine ingredients as they cook and to keep the beef from clumping together.
Serve on pumpernickel buns brushed with melted butter…don’t be shy on the cheese slices, the messier it is the more authentic the sandwich! Serve with french Au Jus dipping sauce.