Loose meat sandwiches seam to be ingrained in the American Midwest. If you look you will find them lurking around at the local greasy spoon or travel stop. They show up at family gatherings, potlucks, and anytime a quick, satisfying meal is needed. This is a wonderful sandwich to serve just because. Frugal, and easy, perfect for a busy schedule. Please give comments about it works for you. Enjoy! I like these in the summertime with pickle spears. The Combination of tangy barbecue sauce and salsa steal the show!
Crock-pot Barbecue’s *Recipe optimized to fit small crock-pot
- 2 lbs extra lean Ground Turkey browned
- 1 small white Onion, diced and browned
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 jar medium Salsa
- 1 bottle of thick n spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark Brown cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- Large corn dusted Kaiser Buns toasted
- Potato Chips
- Tomato and cucumber slices
- Add the first nine ingredients to the crock pot. Stir together to combine ingredients and break up the ground beef.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Stir occasionally to combine ingredients as they cook and to keep the beef from clumping together.
Serve on Kaiser Buns brushed with melted butter, the messier it is the more authentic the sandwich! Serve with tomato slices, cucumber slices, and potato chips.