Beer Angel Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/3 cup beer
- ½ teaspoon dry yeast
- ½ cup half butter half lard chilled
- ½ cup half and half cream
- Add all the dry ingredient together in a bowl or food processor and mix together. Add the butter mix and use the metal blade on the food processor until the mixture is crumbly or mix by hand, with a fork or with a pastry cutter until the shortening is fully incorporated in little pieces.
- Next add beer and just enough half and half to bring the mixture together. Stir by hand or pulse in the food processor. Once it forms a ball it’s done, don’t over mix.
- Flour your hands, rolling pin and counter and drop the dough on the counter, with your hands bring it together to form a ball and knead once or twice if you need to bring the dough together more.
- Roll from the center out until the dough is your desired thickness. Generally about ½ inch thick is good. And use a small, 2 inch cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Give the cookie cutter a gentle twist against the counter to help it cut through the dough.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to flash freeze or a greased cookie sheet to bake.
- Gather extra dough and re-roll it to the same thickness as before then cut more biscuits. Repeat until you use all the dough.
- Bake at 450 for 8-12 minutes until golden brown and flaky.
How To Freeze Freeze on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for an hour or two, just until the biscuits are solid then place in a freezer quality plastic bag. Label, date and add to your freezer inventory sheet. Use within 6 months.