Wandering around on pinterest I found an old southern recipe that had many different takes. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it and make it my own. Frugal comfort food and easy on the preparation. You are never more than 45 minutes to fudgy dark heaven (or hell) . A week night desert that can bake while serving dinner. This rich concoction of dark chocolate flavor should be served with whipped cream, ice cream, or cool whip. If you want to add an egg to the batter go ahead. If you do not like nuts, leave them out. This is one that can be made to your mood. Mexican style with Saigon cinnamon added to the sauce mix layer. Serve it with powdered sugar dusted on top. Disclaimer: We are not responsible for blown diets, new years resolutions destroyed, or wardrobe challenges. Easy, delicious, fun for the whole family. Can be doubled for use in a casserole dish. This will make you famous at a pot luck.
Chocolate Cobbler or AKA Midnight Magic Cake
- 1 Cup self Rising Flour or regular plus 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup vanilla sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Dutch process dark Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Milk or half and half cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup sweet ground chocolate and Cocoa
- 1 3/4 Cup hot tap water
- 1 Cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Mix together flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add milk, vanilla, butter, and nuts (if using). Mix well.
- Pour into greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Mix 3/4 Cup brown sugar and 1/4 Cup cocoa together. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour, very slowly, hot tap water over dry mixture and batter.
- Bake in 350° oven for forty to forty five minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and serve up-side down drizzling with chocolate sauce from pan.