Shaker Chicken Soup
A soup to replace canned, simple, tasty, and comforting. Everything you need to feel better.
- 6 and 1/2 cups chicken bone broth and stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup filtered water + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
The night before. Mix the flour and water together until smooth set out 24 hours.
1) In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the stock with the vermouth and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup. The mixture will be syrupy. Stir in the cream, and set aside.
- In a larger saucepan, bring the remaining stock to a boil. Add the noodles and cook till tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir flour and water mixture and stir into the noodle mixture.
4) Allow the soup to boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the cream mixture and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped parsley.