Homemade Southern Comfort
- 1 1/2 lb fresh Peaches
- 1 cup Vanilla Sugar
- 4 large strips meyer Lemon peel
- 2 cups smooth Bourbon
- Peel, pit and slice peaches. Place in saucepan.
- Add sugar, stir well to combine.
- Warm over low heat until sugar is well dissolved and peaches are juicy.
- Place mixture into aging container.
- Add lemon peels and alcohol, stirring to combine.
- Cover container and put in a cool, dark place (or refrigerate if necessary).
- Stand for 1 week, stirring occasionally.
- Strain and filter: press out liquid from peaches with the back of a wooden spoon. Strain again.
- Pour into decorative bottle, seal and store for one month.
Make the holidays special with a home brewed liquor with endless possibilities.
- One Canadian peach, coming right up (thesandbar.typepad.com)
- 12 Drinks of Christmas (myownlittleplayground.com)
- Southern comfort cupcakes (cupcakepedia.com)