Taco Grande Bake
- 8 (6-7 inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 1 pound lean (93%) ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 green onion with top, sliced, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange four tortillas in bottom of baker, overlapping slightly.
2. In large (12-in.) skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking turkey into small crumbles. Drain, if necessary. Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the salsa.
3. Spoon turkey mixture evenly over tortillas in baker. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle half of the green onion over cheese. Top with remaining four tortillas, overlapping slightly and pressing down lightly. Spread remaining salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion.
4. Bake 28-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with lettuce and sour cream.
Sometimes using a kit does not make sense. This one was just begging to be DIY. Easily customizable to individual tastes.
- Mexican Pizza (makethefirstbitecount.wordpress.com)
- Fish Tacos, Fish Tacos Recipe & Steak Tacos | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Taco Salad (tiggerusa2001.wordpress.com)