had some boneless beef short ribs to use up, and had not used my crock-pot in quite a while, so decided to fetch it out of the cupboard and put together something yummy for dinner. I put the crock-pot on in the morning and set it to 8 hours cooking time and the result was a yummy dish with meat that was so tender it literally melted in your mouth.
- 2 pounds of braising beef (cut into chunks and all visible fat removed) cut into thin rectangles
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch/flour or arrow root starch
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (make your own)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili, finely chopped *leave out for mild taste
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 4-5 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of beef stock
- 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
- fresh ground Black pepper to season
- some freshly chopped green onion to decorate
1. Place the meat in a zip lock bag, add the cornstarch and give a good shake to evenly coat (the cornstarch is what will lightly thicken the sauce as it cooks).
2. Add the meat and all other ingredients to the crock-pot, set to 8 hour cooking time and viola, this lovely delicious dish will be ready to serve by dinner time. Top with some freshly chopped spring onion.
3. Serve with some quickly stir fried fresh veggies of your choice and sticky jasmine rice.
- How To Make An Entire Thanksgiving Dinner In A Crock Pot (Almost) (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Southwest Beef Wraps (manysparrowsblog.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe (hip2save.com)