- 1 cup ground mustard powder Coleman’s or grind your own
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds or a use a mix
- 2 pastured eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
1. In a pint sized glass jar, mix together the ground mustard powder and vinegar. Cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
2. The next day, soak the mustard seeds in enough filtered water to cover, for about 10 minutes. Then strain the seeds.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer.
4. Combine the mustard seeds, beaten eggs, and honey into a glass bowl that you can set over the simmering water on the stove. (note: if you have a double boiler use that)Add in the mustard and vinegar mixture and the turmeric and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened or about 15 minutes.
5. Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
- Homemade mustard (luca1t.wordpress.com)
- Mustard (southernovice.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (abeautifulmess.com)
- Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard (healthymammastyle.wordpress.com)