- 8 slices of Bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3/4 of a Large onion, chopped
- 1 quart hot chicken stock
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 peeled diced parsnip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Medium Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine potatoes, parsnip, bacon, onion, chicken stock, garlic, butter, salt and pepper in the crock pot.
2. Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
(or until potatoes are tender.)
3. When potatoes are tender, use the back of a big ladle to mash some of them up.
4. Next, add the milk and cheese. Cook until heated and cheese is melted.
5. Serve with crackers and extra cheese.
Frosty chill on the windows, feathery hazed clouds in the crisp blue sky, and a golden sun floating overhead. Perfect stick to your ribs soup weather, time to dust off the crock pot. A Midwest sensible soup to warm up cold noses and fingers.
- Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup (landonandtamara.wordpress.com)
- Crock-pot Zuppa Toscana (mishmeals.com)
- Crock Pot Cooking (dontbeliketherest.wordpress.com)