My cousin Michael Johnson took second place in the imperial beard category. Congratulations! Here is another shave related recipe for after shave. Enjoy!
- 4 oz. witch hazel extract
- 2 oz. Everclear 190 proof
- 1 oz. vegetable glycerin
- 7 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 7 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1/2 oz. aloe vera gel (add 1/2 oz. more if skin is dry)
Combine all ingredients together in a glass jar, shake, and splash over skin. I plan to change up the essential oils, as the seasons change. Whenever possible I keep concoctions in either amber or cobalt glass, to keep the contents protected from light.
- Shave something off the price of razor blades? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Unbreakable Bonds – Classic Shaving.com Unveils Valentine Hearts of Steel (prweb.com)
- Movember is Over, So Clean Yourself Up Using a Design Classic: The Safety Razor [Past Perfect] (gizmodo.com)
- Double Edge Safety Razor Update (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Beard Buddy Beard Wash (uncrate.com)
- Tea Tree Oil for Skin Care (youressentialthings.wordpress.com)