This one of those ideas to use up extra veggies from the garden and 1/4 cup is only 16 calories! Great taco topping and for fajitas from the grill.
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion *Soak onion slices in ice water before chopping
- 2 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/4 c real sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Tortilla chips
1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
3.Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Cucumber Salsa (fromliljskitchen.com)
- Watermelon Salsa (tallgirltreats.com)
- Cucumber Salsa (tastebudsinlove.wordpress.com)