- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup vanilla sugar
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large, heavy saucepan, whisk together the whipping cream, cocoa powder, and sugar. Whisk frequently and heat until it comes to a full, rolling boil and starts to foam. Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and purée. Press through a strainer over a mixing bowl to remove the seeds.
- Chill overnight in the fridge and then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Healthy Cookie: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Banana “Ice Cream” (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- We Should Cocoa: Raspberry & Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Almond Meringue (sniffandsnort.wordpress.com)
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day (abcnews.go.com)
- Raspberry Ice Cream (munchomom.com)
- Rocky Road Ice Cream (clookbook.com)