Summer is upon us and I love to try out new drinks from around the world. I wonder if this is an ancestor to Southern Sweet Tea as it comes from London. I have a glut of strawberries frozen and lemons are on sale. This could be alcoholic with the addition of lemoncello and gin but it does not need it. I imagine fresh thyme, lemon verbena and hibiscus for it’s future.
- 3 to 4 heaped tablespoons of Organic Loose Leaf Black Tea or 6 tea bags (Try a mix of Lady Grey and Green Tea)
- 1 quart of cold filter water
Strawberry Lemon Syrup
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 ¼ cups vanilla castor sugar
- Water, filtered to cover
- Take Loose Leaf Black Tea and add to the 1 quart of cold water, cover and leave to brew for 8 hours or overnight in the fridge. Strain, or remove the tea bags.
- To make syrup zest the lemon, strawberries and add to sugar in a saucepan and just about cover with water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve. Let the sugar solution cool before adding the juice of the lemon.
- Serve your Cold Brew Iced Tea in a tall glass with crushed or cubed ice, slice of squeezed lemon, sliced strawberries and fresh garden mint to garnish. Add Strawberry Lemon Syrup to taste.
- Pimm’s-style cold brew ice tea. (dailynibbles.com)
- The Pimm’s Cup Grows in Popularity as a Summer Cocktail (nytimes.com)
- Elsie’s Mojito Recipe (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- Homemade Pimm’s (paganum.wordpress.com)
- Pimm’s Cup (sweetlifealacarte.com)
- Homemade Iced Tea (persephonemagazine.com)