- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup soft butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated white vanilla sugar (not powdered sugar)
- In a small saucepan, whisk flour into milk and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Stir in vanilla. This mixture must be completely cooled in order for the frosting to work.
- While the mixture is cooling, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Then add the cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat until it all combines and resembles whipped cream.
- Make sure you scrape down the sides every so often so that it all gets incorporated and whipped. If it’s not looking like whipped cream, keep on whipping.
- Peanut Butter Whip Cream (yesiwantcake.com)
- Carrot and Pineapple Cupcakes w/ Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting (heatherlikesfood.com)
- Milk Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Brownies with Peanut Butter Cream Frosting (cookiescakespiesohmy.com)
- National Food Day: Strawberry Shortcake (and Flag Day) (bakerunlive.com)
- Hawaiian Bread (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)