Cheese Soup or Sauce [C.S.O.S.] Mix
Real food eating can be a test of wills and sometimes a comprise. Happens only if you can deliver a product with less preservatives, looks and tastes like a name brand. This time I think I’ve got it! Cheese sauce for picky Wisconsinites. Instead of expensive little cans of cheese soup. I have a DIY mix that is close to Mega Food Giant Kamphell’s cheese soup or Crapft mac n cheese from a box. Names changed to protect the innocent.
- 2 cups powdered whole dry milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch or arrow root powder
- 1 Tablespoon rice flour
- ½ cup powdered cheddar cheese powder
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper and ground mustard
- 1 Teaspoon crushed dried parsley
- Combine all ingredients and blend in coffee grinder. Store in a re-closeable glass jar, mixing well.
Equal to 9 (10.5 oz) cans of cheese soup.
- For sauce 1/3 cup of SOS and 1 ¼ cup of water in a sauce pan for easy hamburger helper.
- For soup ½ cup of SOS and 1 ½ cup of water cooked to replace one 10 oz can in casseroles. *Hint Mac n Cheese Box clone.
- For Nacho cheese sauce add 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos.
- Add 2 tablespoons taco sauce and ¼ cup of salsa to make burrito bake sauce.
- Cheese Sauce (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Miss These Delicious Mac and Cheese Muffins – Food (brit.co)
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup (janetboyer.typepad.com)
- My beer cheese soup (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)