- 4 cups leftover rice (I used brown rice from this soaked recipe)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons raw local honey
- 1 Tablespoon black strap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon (use more if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 1 teaspoon homemade vanilla
- Heat the rice and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbly. Turn the heat down, stir it fairly often and let it cook a bit to break down the rice about 5-10 minutes. Add the honey, molasses, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add a little bit of the rice mixture to the eggs and stir well. Pour the eggs into the rice mixture on the stove and stir quickly so the eggs do not clump. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Top with fresh cream and your favorite nuts, fresh or dried fruit. If you like a sweeter breakfast food top with additional sweetener in your bowl.
What, if anything, do you like to put on your hot breakfast cereal?
- Baked Donuts (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Rice Pudding (downtownlocal.me)
- Recipe Time: Caribbean Coconut Rice. (veggiefitness.wordpress.com)
- How to Cook Rice in Three Easy Steps (answers.com)