Installment number four: Part of a series of pantry stocking mixes to fill out the whole pantry. I call Zen prepping “Shopping from within” These mixes are designed to create food security and help answer the question. What is there to eat? Shake n Bake style breading is a staple in my homestead. From chicken and pork chops to turkey unfried is the way to go.
Homemade Shake’n Bake
- 9 cups cornflakes (4 cups crushed)
- 2 beef or chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pulse all together in a food processor until cornflakes become crumbs. Or, mix seasoning with previously crushed cornflakes.
- Place 1/2 cup mix in a bag or bowl and coat chicken pieces. Use as you would regular shake’n bake.
- Unfried Fish Sticks (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- seasoned flour (homemade shake ‘n bake) (movitabeaucoup.com)
- Memphis Dry Rub (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Shaking and Baking Chicken with Valerie a.k.a. Marge, your cooking has two moves… (cookingwithamir.wordpress.com)
- Garbanzo Burgers (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Oven Fried Chicken (toomuchbutter.com)