Installment number two: Part of a series of pantry stocking mixes to fill out the whole pantry. I call Zen prepping “Shopping from within” These mixes are designed to create food security and help answer the question. What is there to eat?
Cookie and brownie mixes probably rank at the top of the convenience-food favorites list. A typical package at the store, which yields about a dozen brownies, costs about $2.80. The following mix costs about $2.06 and makes enough for two batches of one dozen brownies or six dozen cookies.
2 cups vanilla sugar
1 cup cake flour
3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon. baking powder
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup solid coconut oil or shortening
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Coconut Fudge Brownie (masarapdin.wordpress.com)
- Tri-Chocolate Bookies (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Guinness Brownies with Butterscotch Fudge (5minutesformom.com)
- Nutella Caramel Hazelnut Brownies (prismaticpastimes.wordpress.com)