Unfried Fish Sticks
- 1/2 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon bay seasoning
- 3/4 #lb cod or haddock fillets
Cut the cod into roughly 1″ strips.
Place the flour in one bowl.
Place the beaten eggs and lemon juice in a second bowl.
Place the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, paprika, bay seasoning, and pepper in a third bowl.
Now dip each fish strip in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb.
Place the strips on a well-buttered baking sheet. Give them a little space to keep them from touching.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the baking. You’ll know they are done when the fish easily flakes when you poke it with a fork.
- English Style Fish and Chips (iguanaisle.wordpress.com)
- Fish Nuggets with Tartar Sauce (jensfreshandfabulous.com)
- Baked Fish Sticks (hauteapplepie.com)
- “Healthy” Fried Chicken (foodastherapy.com)
- Butter Parmesan Breadsticks (wherefloursbloom.wordpress.com)