It was a special night that Dad had brought out this treat. One night after a rough flag football practice he poured it over a slice of ice cream cake roll. It was startling how a liquid could go solid in an instant. Dad was excited to explain states of matter and give a little science lesson. That excitement carries throughout the years.
I had just about given up those magic shells due to the cost and really long ingredient lists. It is unbelievably easy and it tastes pretty close to the real thing! I thought it tasted like the dipped cones at Dairy Queen. It is also a good way to incorporate a healthy fat in your diet.
All you need is:
- 1 1/4 Cups semi sweet real Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Pressed Coconut Oil (measured when solid)
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave about 1 minute (depending on your microwave). Allow to sit a few minutes to allow the heat of the oil to melt the chocolate chips and then stir until smooth. It will be runny.
- Pour into a pint glass mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator (though in the summer it’s likely to stay liquidy unrefrigerated). To serve, heat the glass jar in the microwave for 30 seconds until liquid. Stir and continue heating at 30 second intervals if not liquid after the first 30 seconds. Pour over your favorite ice cream and in a few seconds you will see the magic!
- Best Dark Chocolate Chiquita Banana Muffins Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- 200 calorie hot fudge brownie sundae (backtoherroots.com)
- Let Them Eat (Ice Cream) Cake (weddingbee.com)