- Get the oatmeal started by heating the 2 tablespoons butter in a 3-quart heavy sauce pan over moderate heat. Allow it to foam, and turn slightly golden in color. Add oats and stir for about 4 minutes to gently toast the oats.
- Carefully add in boiling water (it will send up a cloud of steam!) and salt, and boil hard for ten minutes. Stir occasionally. Oats will thicken slightly.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 20-25 minutes.
- The Best Oatmeal Ever! (Really!) (theveggiegoth.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Chocolate Granola Bars (foodsventures.wordpress.com)
- No-Cook Ovenight Oatmeal (plantbasedparadise.com)
- Oat Me (ask.metafilter.com)
- Get Creative With Your Oatmeal! 18 Delicious Add-Ins You Gotta Try (self.com)