- 2 28 ounce cans of tomatoes (or 3 dozen fresh tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion Diced
- 4 to 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (Italian flat)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh oregano (or basil)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 half squeezed orange, seeded and zested
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Begin by sautéing your onion until soft, and then add your garden garlic and sauté until the fragrance is released. This should be about 30 seconds (any longer and the garlic will taste bitter).
- Then quickly add your tomatoes, followed by the herbs of your choice. At this point, I’ll slip in a 1/4 cup of red wine or white.
- Drop the whole half orange in. Remove before serving.
- Bring pot to a boil, then turn down to simmer for several hours.
- For thicker sauce, incorporate tomato paste into the mix.
- Pizza Sauce (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Simple Tomato Sauce (christinasrecipebox.wordpress.com)
- spaghetti in tomato clam sauce (artisanfoodsinc.wordpress.com)