- 30 oz. cooked garbanzo beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- ½ teaspoon hickory smoke
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a food processor or blender, process beans with about 1/2 c. of the reserved liquid, adding more if necessary, to make a smooth paste. Add garlic, cumin, red pepper, other seasonings, salt and pepper and process to combine well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bean paste mixture with oats. Mix well, adding additional bean liquid or oats as necessary to make a mixture that holds together well and keeps its shape.
- Shape mixture in 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Bake them till solid at 350° F on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed or on parchment paper. Then freeze each patty individually, toss into a ziplock bag, and store in the freezer. The frozen patties will pan brown from frozen state quickly.
- Heat oil in a skillet or spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium high heat, cook patties until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes.
- Chickpea Garbanzo Bean Burger (pondermountain.com)
- Breakfast Sausage (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Memphis Dry Rub (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Best Falafel Pita Sandwich With Chiquita Banana Mango Chutney Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Soup Recipe with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Basil (kalynskitchen.com)
- A Great Snack: Baked Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) with Moroccan Spices (eddieoneverything.com)