Homemade Hand Lotion
1 1/4 cup filtered hot water
- 1/4 cup emulsifying wax
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24-36 drops essential oil (pure almond oil)
Through advice from a friend. I buy my emulsifying wax & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs. For $7 you get enough emulsifying wax to make, oh, about 15 or more batches of homemade hand lotion. In a pyrex measuring glass I combine the olive oil and emusifying wax and microwave for 1 minute until it is all melted. The temperature on this reads about 155 degrees.
I have found that our coffee mugs hold almost exactly 1 1/4 cup of water, so I fill is up and microwave that for 1 minute or until about 120 degrees. While that is heating up, I add the essential oil into my melted wax/olive oil mixture.
Then pour the hot water into the wax/olive oil mixture and watch it turn milky white. At this point the temperature is about 125 degrees. I then pour the hot lotion into wide mouth pint size jars and let cool overnight. The next morning you’ll have a fresh jar of homemade natural hand lotion!
- Homemade Lotion Recipes (wisebread.com)
- Cocoa Butter Coffee body lotion, once again. (momphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Hand Lotions for the Thirstiest of Skin (beso.com)
- Five Ways to Use Olive Oil For Beauty (bellasugar.com)
- Shaving with Olive Oil (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)
- Hobbies: Handmade lotion bars make great gifts (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- homemade beauty tips………………. (thinkaboutdis.wordpress.com)