Make your own stuffing mix for easy cooking during the holidays.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 30 slices firm French bread
- 3 Tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut bread slices into 1/2″ cubes and place in two 13×9″ baking pans.
- Toast bread cubes at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, mix together onion, garlic salt, seasoned pepper, oil, parsley flakes, and sage.
- Lightly toss bread cubes with seasonings to coat cubes.
- Place in a large airtight container and label “Herbed Stuffing Mix”.
Store in the refrigerator and use within 2 months. You can freeze the mix up to 6 months. Use in any recipe calling for stuffing mix.
- Fajita Seasoning Mix (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Roast Chicken-Rotisserie Style (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Gremolata Breadcrumbs For Your Pantry (thewimpyvegetarian.com)
- Have a happy (and delicious) Nordic Thanksgiving! (life.nationalpost.com)