- 8 Granny Smith apples, or a mix preferably organic
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut flour, preferably from hazelnuts that were soaked overnight/dehydrated before grinding to improve digestibility
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Saigon cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- Peel and cut apples into pieces and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over them and add the cinnamon and ginger to that mixture.
- Mix and place in buttered casserole dish.
- Combine hazelnut flour, melted butter, sea salt and vanilla.
- Add optional honey.
- Crumble this mixture over the apples and sprinkle more cinnamon on top if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Gluten Free Friday: Gluten Free Peach Cobbler (potsandplots.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free Strawberry-Hazelnut Shortcakes (glutenfreemommyandme.com)